Economical Heating for Mild Texas Winters
When chilly days hit Central Texas, Cool Experts helps you choose and install heat pumps that slash energy waste and deliver dependable, high-efficiency heating. Heat pumps are popular in milder climates like ours since they serve double duty as a heating and cooling system. If you need a heating system replacement or estimate for heat pump installation in the Cedar Park, TX, area, Cool Experts can help: 512.588.1452.
Advantages of Heat Pump Installation
Furnaces and other heating types warm your home with fuel, but heat pumps use refrigerant technology to extract warmth from the surrounding air and move it to another place. During winter, a heat pump pulls heat from outside air and moves it inside to warm your home. In summer, the process reverses, and the heat pump performs an AC function by moving warm air from indoors to outdoors. Heat pumps are also popular because they use eco-friendly technology to deliver consistent temperatures and balanced humidity levels. And, they operate quietly and require little maintenance.
FAQs About Heat Pump Installation & Replacement
Heat pump technology is very efficient, and Cool Experts customers appreciate the lower utility bills and flexible heating/cooling function. If you are new to heat pumps or are having trouble operating yours, we’ve provided answers to some of the most common equipment questions below. To schedule heat pump replacement or service in or near Cedar Park, TX,, call 512.588.1452.
- DO I NEED A FURNACE OR A HEAT PUMP? Many factors go into selecting the best heater for your home. Most of the time, we recommend equipment that aligns with your existing HVAC power or fuel setup. A gas-powered furnace is best for homes served by propane or natural gas lines. When no gas line is present, Cool Experts may suggest a heat pump system over a less-efficient electric furnace.
- SHOULD I REPLACE MY HEAT PUMP? Heat pumps are constructed to last, but all HVAC equipment fails eventually. Sometimes, homeowners report an increasing number of problems around their heat pump’s 10- to 12-year mark. Cool Experts’ technicians can determine if your heat pump is reparable—and whether it makes financial sense to invest in repairs. In some cases, the cost of repair is wise. Other times, it’s smart to cut your losses and install a newer, more efficient unit.
- HOW OFTEN SHOULD I REPLACE MY HEAT PUMP? Every heat pump is different, and lifespan is influenced by equipment type (air source, dual-source or water source), installation location and frequency of use. Attention to maintenance is one of the most significant influences on heat pump life. Well-maintained air-source heat pumps generally last around 15 years, though some are best replaced around the 10- to 12-year mark.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO INSTALL A HEAT PUMP? Like every heating system we install, Cool Experts tailors heat pump installation to the unique needs of your home. Some systems need to be connected to existing air conditioners or air handlers, making heat pump replacement more complex. Other installations are more straightforward. We usually complete heat pump installation in one day, but your technician will provide a schedule and communicate timing based on system type and installation location.
Some factors we consider when installing a heat pump include:
- Room size
- Building layout
- Placement of windows, doors & vents
- Load calculations
- Airflow analysis
- Insulation efficiency
- Energy-efficiency (SEER) ratings
Austin’s Heat Pump Replacement & Install Experts
From best-quality heat pump installation to skilled HVAC troubleshooting, Cool Experts is trusted by countless Greater Austin families. Our team’s professional heat pump replacement meets manufacturer standards for quality, safety and reliability. Cool Experts customers appreciate the energy savings that comes with industry-leading heat pump equipment, and our NATE-certified installers can help protect your investment with seasonal maintenance.
Call 512.588.1452 to request heat pump or furnace replacement in Cedar Park, TX, or surrounding areas. You can also connect online or inquire about consultation times using our newly launched appointment app.