Heat Pump Service That Keeps You Cozy
One call to Cool Experts puts you in touch with trained technicians ready to perform a quick heat pump fix or prevent an annoying heating emergency. Our technicians are not just heat pump experts; they are trusted professionals who are licensed and certified to work on all heating brands. And, when other local heating companies charge exorbitant prices for after-hours repairs, Cool Experts never gouges you with overtime rates.
Preventative Care for High-Efficiency Heating
Heat pump and furnace problems are a hassle, but they are especially annoying on nights and weekends. Take the stress out of home maintenance when you trust Cool Experts to repair your Round Rock, TX, heat pump, thermostat or furnace. To fend off emergency HVAC repairs, invest in our affordable Comfort Club. For one affordable price, you’ll receive regularly scheduled checkups and safety inspections, exclusive discounts and heater maintenance that keeps your heat pump in top shape—all year long.
Heat Pump Repair FAQs
Heat pumps are an efficient, low-maintenance comfort solution for Central Texas families—but they still require service from time to time. When resetting the thermostat or replacing the air filter doesn’t work, you may need a professional heat pump diagnosis. The questions below should answer some of your heat pump questions, and our technicians can educate you about using and caring for your high-efficiency heater. Call 512.588.1452 for more information.
- DOES MY HEAT PUMP NEED TO BE REPAIRED OR REPLACED? For heat pumps that are less than 10 years old and haven’t needed extensive repairs, you may just need a minor fix or thorough tune-up. Cool Experts provides upfront estimates on repairs, and our team won’t upsell you on heat pump replacement when your heating system is in good shape. In some cases, though, it’s wise to replace your heating unit. The tipping point may come when the heat pump is well over a decade old, and the repair cost would pay for a significant portion of a new system. Some customers report frequent breakdowns, inconsistent heating or high energy use, which are generally good reasons to replace.
- HOW DO I KNOW IF I NEED HEAT PUMP SERVICE? Delayed or neglected maintenance can lead to premature heat pump failure. unbalanced fan blades and wheels, dirty air filters and dusty coils lower efficiency and make equipment work harder than it should. Some warning signs of common home heat pump repairs include:
- Clanking or banging noises
- Musty or burning smells
- Rapidly increasing energy bills
- Frequently cycling motors
- Ice buildup on unit or refrigerant lines
- Inconsistent indoor temperatures & humidity
- IS SMOKE FROM MY HEAT PUMP NORMAL? Smoke is not a good or normal sign of operation from your heat pump system. Steam can be mistaken as smoke from your outdoor heat pump unit, which is a sign of normal operation. Typically you will see this happen during colder weather (below 32 degrees). Your heat pump system is equipped to intermittently defrost the outdoor coil during colder weather. During this cycle the outdoor unit will become louder than normal and will possibly release steam.
- HOW DO I RESTART MY HEAT PUMP THERMOSTAT? First, while in heating mode set the thermostat temperature below the room temperature and wait a few minutes, then set your heat pump thermostat to off and wait three to five minutes. During this time it would be a good idea to replace the batteries. Switch the thermostat back on to heating mode, then raise the temperature back to a desired setting above the room temperature. The heat pump system should start within three to five minutes.
- WHAT DO I DO IF MY HEAT PUMP WON’T TURN ON? First, double-check the thermostat to make sure it is set higher than your home’s indoor temperature. If the device still doesn’t turn on, try restarting the heat pump thermostat as described above.
If the heater still doesn’t work, call 512.588.1452 for emergency assistance. You may require professional heating system repair.
Get Acquainted With the Austin Heat Pump Experts
Customers love our Cool Experts’ Resource Center! It’s filled with information—from competitive financing details and company news to verified reviews from homeowners like you. To request heat pump repair service or schedule furnace repair in Round Rock, TX, and beyond, dial 512.588.1452. You can also choose appointment times with our convenient scheduling app. Designed around your timetable, heating service is easy-breezy with Cool Experts.