High-Efficiency Heating That Overcomes the Chill
Whether you are proactively replacing an aging furnace, or you’re forced to install a new heater after a catastrophic equipment failure, choosing a new system can seem complicated. A new furnace will reduce carbon emissions, cost less to run and deliver quiet, optimal performance. But, before you try to navigate Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency scores and learn all about system types, fuel sources and variable-speed options, contact Cool Experts. Our NATE- and EPA-certified team takes time to educate you on furnace replacement options in the Round Rock area so you don’t need to go it alone.
Furnace Reliability Depends on Professional Installation
Round Rock, TX, residents can choose feature-laden, high-efficiency furnaces—but they won’t perform at peak capacity without proper installation. Trust your furnace installation to our reputable heating and cooling professionals. Our HVAC specialists are licensed and qualified to replace all furnace makes and models, and our installation pros have the expertise to:
- Evaluate furnace features suited to your home
- Calculate size & capacity
- Measure insulation values
- Configure zones & ductwork requirements
- Install power sources
- Recommend air quality features
- Obtain permits & explain warranties or rebates
Most importantly, Cool Experts’ furnace installations assure that your gas or electric furnace will perform to the manufacturer’s standards without wasting energy.
FAQs About Furnace Replacement
Many of our customers pose questions like the ones below during the furnace replacement process. If your question isn’t on the list, call 512.588.1452 to speak with an HVAC expert or request service.
- DO I NEED A NEW FURNACE? When your furnace is sized correctly and installed by a reputable professional, it should last 15 to 20 years. Furnaces older than this should be replaced with a newer, more efficient model. If the appliance hasn’t hit the 15-year mark, routine inspections and maintenance should keep it running at full capacity and peak efficiency. If you are unsure about the “repair or replace” question, our NATE-certified technicians can help!
- DO I NEED A FURNACE OR A HEAT PUMP? In most cases, the equipment you choose for heating system replacement should align with your home’s existing power/fuel setup for your indoor equipment, but this isn’t set in stone. Heat pumps can be matched with gas or electric furnace models. If your home has existing natural gas or propane lines, gas-powered furnace installation is a likely choice. If no gas line is present, opt for a heat pump system.
- WHEN SHOULD I REPLACE MY FURNACE? When your furnace is 10 to 15 years old, it’s time to think about retiring the appliance. Older furnaces succumb to years of wear and tear, and they are far less efficient than today’s heating options. Newer, high-tech HVAC systems are superior in efficiency and warm your home more evenly.
In recent years, additional technology has emerged, and you may wish to consider these options when it’s time for a furnace replacement in your Round Rock-area home. Variable-speed furnaces are built with multi-speed options so they flex to your household heating and airflow needs. Dual-stage heaters have high and low settings. Low is ideal for Austin’s mild winter temperatures. When a cold front arrives, your furnace senses the cooldown and switches to the high setting. Before you buy a new heating system, allow the Cool Experts to recommend the best furnace models with features that suit your budget and comfort objectives.
- WHAT FURNACE EFFICIENCY IS BEST? In the Central Texas climate, a baseline 80 percent furnace performs well and costs less than other models. High-efficiency (90 percent and higher) furnaces cost more upfront, but their longer, safer operation is a draw. High-efficiency furnaces also require less energy to operate, saving you money month to month.
- HOW MUCH IS A NEW FURNACE? The average mid-efficiency furnace price ranges from $1,800 to $2,800, depending on the model, size and features. High-efficiency furnaces cost $3,200 to $5,500 with installation. Discuss your furnace upgrade with the Cool Experts team, and we’ll help you choose a system that fits your budget and delivers high-performance results.
Austin’s Leader for HVAC Installations
From best-in-class furnace installation to skilled heat pump replacement, Cool Experts is Central Texas’ trusted team. Our professional installation enhances home comfort and extends equipment life. Today’s high-efficiency models also cost less to run, so you’ll enjoy lower utility bills! When you partner with our NATE-certified team, we’ll educate you about features and benefits and protect your investment with affordable maintenance plans.
Call 512.588.1452 to request an in-home furnace consultation, schedule AC services or discuss heat pump replacement in Round Rock, TX, and beyond. You can also contact us online or schedule repairs with our easy-to-use appointment app. Don’t trust your installation to just anyone!